How Social Media Can Be a Useful Tool for Small Businesses
October 17, 2012 Posted by admin
Social media marketing has become the newest and perhaps most relevant form of internet marketing for businesses in today's world.
But, does it work as well for small businesses as it does for the larger ones? Definitely! In fact, the advantages of social media marketing are even greater for small businesses than larger ones. Small businesses are more intimate, personal, and oftentimes offer faster service, which are core components of what customers desire.
Social media marketing companies believe that the most effective form of social media marketing focuses more on what the customers want and not just on generating more likes, followers, and connections that may not ever actually be converted into customers.
Small businesses can take advantage of social media as a tool for connecting with more customers, addressing their needs and concerns, and becoming more interactive with them. Customers love working with a business, where they are not only satisfied with what they purchased, but also feel like that business actually cares for them and is willing to provide a good experience in addition to a product.
To give you a clear idea of how useful social media can be to small businesses, here are some of its benefits:
- Create an online presence and establish yourself as a resource. What customers seek is someone from whom they can get information and receive answers to their questions. By establishing yourself as a good resource of valuable information and becoming an expert in the industry, small businesses are able to generate a greater following of people that are likely to be converted into customers.
- Enhance exposure to target markets. Online exposure is more effective than that through traditional mediums because you are able to access a higher percentage of the market to promote your brand. Create online exposure through social media posts to let your target market that you exist and that you want to help them.
- Gain a competitive advantage by providing value to your customers. Many businesses have recurring or loyal customers not only because they provide excellent products and services, but also because their customers receive more value that what they actually pay for. Through social media, customers are able to obtain information that makes their experience with you richer and more beneficial compared to simply purchasing from your company.
- Reduce marketing expenses. Social media marketing is, in fact, less costly than other forms of marketing because it is free to set up social media profiles and the only costs you really incur are those related to maintenance.
- Generate more traffic and potential leads. Through social media posts, more traffic is generated and the potential for shares and updates is greater. This traffic also has a higher concentration of potential leads that can turn into customers for your business.
Social media is a significant tool in marketing your business to targeted markets and potential customers. Utilizing it will help small businesses thrive and capture more market share in their industries.