Landing Page Errors: Are You Making These Mistakes?
November 21, 2012 Posted by admin
It is a good idea to track how you drive traffic to your websites. Social media posts and pay-per- click ads may be as effective as you want them to be or they may not. You must determine what works for you, so more traffic to your website will mean more sales, which will increase your return on investment.
Driving more traffic to your website may be effective, but it isn't the only way to reach potential customers and increase sales. In fact, advertising your website or brand may only be a portion of your overall strategy. Picture this: a potential customer is convinced by your PPC ad and clicks on the link, yet she leaves less than a minute after entering your site.
While your website needs good advertising to drive more traffic, it also needs a good landing page. A good landing page will keep your visitors traffic interested enough to stay for a while, browse through your website, and even make a purchase. This is guaranteed to increase sales.
But, let’s face it. Many websites fail to create proper landing pages and, as a result, experience a high bounce rate. Landing pages must be interesting, relevant, direct, and conducive to traffic conversion. That said, here are a few common landing page errors to avoid:
- Clutter. If your traffic lands on your website and sees a lot of things going on, your landing page will appear cluttered and distract them from easily converting. Too many social media buttons, content, and advertisements will interfere with the sales process.
- Unclear call-to-action. This feature in your landing page is very critical, given that it is what encourages your traffic to purchase, download, register, or subscribe to your mailing list immediately. Call-to-actions must be clear, big enough to be viewed easily, and direct. Otherwise, you will fail to grab your traffic’s attention.
- Redirecting users. Do you personally have the patience to go through a lot of pages before you can get to the page where you can purchase a particular product? Well, most online users don’t. Landing pages must be the first landing page where traffic is directed after they click your ads. Redirecting them to other pages on the website will only reduce their interest to go any further.
- Lengthy pages. No matter how you organize the content of your landing page, if it takes several scrolls to get to the bottom where your traffic can click to purchase, then you risk losing potential customers. No one likes to read lengthy pages. Be direct and make it easy for them to purchase without searching.
- Too much information needed. When you buy a particular product, you don’t want to go through several pages of questionnaires before you can purchase. Filling out vital information like your name, address, contact number, and email are understandable, but other, less relevant info is a total waste of time for most users.
Landing pages are crucial in traffic conversion, and by creating a good landing page, you will enhance your chances of increasing your sales. To help you avoid these landing pages errors, a SEO company can aid you in identifying and eliminating them. SEO companies offer effective tactics in website optimization, so you can maximize the benefits and increase your business’s ROI.